Welcome!!

Welcome to Smiley's World of Crafting!! :) Thanks for taking the time to stop by my little corner of the world.

Sunday, June 24, 2012

The start to my jewelry making passion

              I have been crafting for as long as I can remember. I have always enjoyed making and creating things. My love for jewelry making however,  started after I went to my first ever Widespread Panic concert. I remember walking through the parking lot and looking at all the beautiful hemp necklaces that different people had for sale. There were so many different styles, and knots. All sorts of beads and pendants had been used giving each necklace a one of a kind feel. As I looked through each booth, I told myself that I wanted to be able to create awesome pieces like the ones I was seeing. I had never been to a place where everybody got along, everybody was there to enjoy great music and share their form of art. It was an eye opening experience for me.

              After I got home, I went to Michaels and picked up the book " It's Knot Hard" and started to teach myself how to tie hemp knots to form necklaces. At once I was hooked. I started making up my own designs, Tried using more strands to create different looks, placed beads on different strands to get different outcomes. My love for jewelry making started there. It has grown so much since that time, 11 years ago. From hemp jewerly I moved to beaded jewelry and just kept trying new things. I branched out from just making necklaces and started making bracelets, earrings, anklets, and matching sets. I still enjoy creating a natural look, as you can see in my Boho series. Each day I try to create something new, and I am excited to be on this journey, that will hopefully one day, lead to my dream of owning my own store, and selling the jewelry I make out of it. I am passionate about making one of a kind orignal pieces that show off a persons unique style. I want everybody to be themselves, and express themselves through wearable art that shows who they are.
              From jewelry making, I have branched out and tried creating other things. I make hair accessories, and home decor as well. I have even recently started to try my hand at painting. I will continue on this journey and hope that you will come along with me. Here is a sample of what all I enjoy making.

Boho Adjustable Bracelets

Button Anklets

Feather hair barrette 

First Try at Painting

Pocket Pals 

Boho Series 

Blue Zebra and Hot pink Home decor 

No comments:

Post a Comment