Welcome!!

Welcome to Smiley's World of Crafting!! :) Thanks for taking the time to stop by my little corner of the world.

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

My First Jewelry Party

I am so excited to announce that I conducted my first ever jewelry party and it was a HUGE success!! My mom came up to help me select cool jewelry displays to hang my jewelry on. Plus we picked up a nice table cloth and put a shear curtain over the top to add an extra level of excellence. We went to Michael's, Hobby lobby, and even Wal-Mart to gather the items we needed. It was very fun getting to spend that time with my mom. And she was super excited to be able to, not only help with the planning, but to also be able to attend.

The day of the party I was able to get off my "other full time job" at Gap Outlet to get everything ready. We packed up the truck with my heavy table( I have learned if I ever have to set up by myself I will need lighter foldable tables). We also packed up all the gear and headed out. I also learned that it takes A LOT of time to get everything set up. I keep all of my pieces in jewelry bags, so to set up I had to take every piece out of a bag. But I didn't let it slow me down.

We got everything set up, and lite our candles to create an ambiance. Customers started to arrive and mingle. I was pretty nervous at first, but got into a groove as more people asked questions and complemented me on my creations. They just could not believe that I had created everything that was there. I myself realize I had created so much.

Here is a picture of the jewelry displays before we started putting jewelry on them.
Here are some other pictures of the night. I had a lot of fun, met some great people, and enjoyed this wonderful experience.




Also, if you live in or around the Atlanta area, and are interested in throwing a party, just let me know. You could receive a FREE one of a kind necklace. The following picture is what my host of this party picked out. Another great thing that goes on at Smiley's Creations jewelry parties is one of your lucky attendees will receive an AWESOME door prize. You can also have the option raffle off a prize, or auction off an item, or even both!

And here is a collage of the party itself. I had such an amazing time, and hope to book another party soon! :) Special Thanks to my mom for helping me with my set up, to Lewis(Tellit) for hosting my party, and Shanay for helping me take pictures! Thanks you guys!! :)


1 comment:

  1. You have a great collection! And your party definitely showcase how great your pieces are. Not only you were able to display your pieces, but you were also able to showcase your talent and creativity. And most of all, it's really great to meet new people who appreciate all your hard work. Anyway, I’m glad you had fun, and I hope you continue to hold this kind of events.

    Paige Low

    ReplyDelete